Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2020

In Praise Of The Netflix Mini Series Away!

 All of you know that I have a passion for Mars. I have watched every Mars movie and television series that I could get my hands on. I have even been to conferences where production teams on Mars series have been presenters. Netflix just premiered a ten-part miniseries about the first manned mission to Mars. It is called Away. It is high budget and well thought out. I'm sure that NASA, Space-X, and European Space Agency workers watching it think to themselves-"Oh my gosh that's what it's really like!" Here is a summary of the show:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8787802/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_6

    The first human mission to Mars truly has an international crew. The commander is an American woman played by Hillary Swank. Other crew members come from Russia, Kenya, China, and the Middle East. There are a lot of Chinese characters in the show. Mandarin is spoken quite often with English subtitles. It is not a space opera. The astronauts are all very human with all sorts of problems to worry about back on earth. There are suspenseful moments and a lot of high drama. In bad times, it is good to have great entertainment!! Anna you would not go to sleep during this show!

No comments:

Post a Comment